REQUEST FOR QUOTES (PDF)
The Montana State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) is seeking contractor quotes to design and build an ArcGIS Hub Site for our Montana Statewide Fire Department Database. Employing GIS framework, this project would include, establishing a centralized database for the collection, management, analysis and sharing of information and data regarding the Montana Fire Service.
Background: MSFCA was awarded a 4-year FEMA Grant for Volunteer Firefighter recruitment and retention. It is our intention to create a database with information about each Fire Department in the entire State of Montana. We feel this is necessary to properly implement our marketing campaign. We have a good deal of data already, however, will need to continue to fill in the data gaps. We are seeking a contractor to provide advice about the best way to gather data and give advice about the best type of database. They will then design and build out an ArcGIS Hub site (or related platform), as well as provide continued support for the life of the grant, up to 4 years.
Scope of Work:
- Provide advice to MSFCA regarding the best process to gather data and the best type of database (estimate 8 hours).
- Design and build ArcGIS Hub site with information about all of the approximately 500 Fire Department in the State of Montana (estimate 40 hours).
- Provide continued support for up to 4 years. (estimate 30-40 hours/year).
- Detailed price quote to complete the work.
- An example of a previous project.
- Two references for previous projects.
MSFCA will provide administrative support and data.
As the State of Montana’s designated data steward for Rural Fire District GIS information, the Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation (DNRC) will be supporting this project.
Note: The successful contractor many need to set up a vendor account with the State of Montana and collaborate with DNRC GIS staff.
For questions, please contact:
Mikel Robinson, Administrator, Montana State Fire Chiefs Association
[email protected] or 406-625-7050
Submit quote via email to [email protected] no later than April 16, 2021.